Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dreams and Destiny


I had dancing lessons in my teens. Minimal but glorious. I've always had this feeling that there is a dancer stuck inside of me ready to burst out. Is it possible that there were dancers in the pre-existence? Was I one of them? It's truly amazing that when I see dancing, really good dancing, that I become conscious all of the fibers that weave together to make my body. They seem to come alive independently! There is so much freedom in physical movement. Sounds crazy, I know, but something about it resonates inside of me. I've always wondered why my own life's circumstances never led me in the direction of being a dancer. I somehow missed this train. This is a very personal post about my own introspection, but it is what I secretly love and fantasize about one day becoming.

2 comments:

Audra said...

What kind of dancer? Ballroom, ballet, hip hop, etc. How do you picture yourself? Details. Keep going. Tell us more.

Shelly said...

Thanks for the comment Audra. Ballet is what I was mainly thinking about. But I also like a good modern routine as well as 'interpretive".